Thursday, February 23, 2012

Live Painting Recap

I had the opportunity to do some live painting at Community Bible Church last night and I really enjoyed it! I was a bit nervous since I had never done anything like that before, but I decided that as long as I didn't turn around and see all the people, it would be just like painting at home. 



I wasn't sure what to expect so I took 2 large canvases and a few small ones just in case. I ended up switching back and forth between the 2 large canvases. I didn't have a plan but just sort of went with the flow of the evening... I wrote a lot of the words of the songs that were being played throughout and kept some of the words more visible than others. 



The first one started with some oranges and reds. I wrote the line "You are God" and then started on the other piece. I painted some greens at the top, blues at the bottom and then decided to turn it into a mountain scene, so I flipped it! As I switched back to the orange and red piece I started to go over the line "You are God" when a new and different song came on but it had the exact same line - it was sort of a "whoa" moment as the timing was just perfect to re-iterate what I had just painted ("You are God")...totally unplanned!








In between the music sets we saw a video clip called Why I Hate Religion but Love Jesus so I wrote a few lines from that in the orange and red piece as well. 









In the end I didn't quite feel finished with either piece but I was happy with the progress on both. Overall, live painting wasn't so bad (wink)! Perhaps I will try it again sometime. 

3 comments:

Molly~ Specs & Wings said...

That's SO AMAZING! What a cool experience! Did people come talk to you afterwards? I love both paintings! You should totally do it again! What an amazing time of worship!

Britt@artbybritt said...

Thanks, Molly! I did chat with quite a few people... it's sorta funny to see how fascinated people are by something that seems so natural to me! I kinda forget that not everyone is artsy - ha! They were very kind though and very encouraging, so I appreciated that. I'd love to try again if I ever get the opportunity.

Kyle I said...

Britt! I wish I could've been there to watch! Sounds like it was a good experience...looking forward to the next one. ;) Keep blessing people with your beautiful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails