Thursday, February 16, 2012

Commissioned: Family Rules

The was a big commissioned project! This sweet family is building a new home and wants to display their family rules in their homeschool room. They wanted it to look rustic with white and orange. My husband has just torn down our side yard fence so we thought those old slats would be perfect for the rustic look. He built this out of about 7 fence slats, sanded it down and it was ready! 




I used stencils for the title and each main rule, then I hand printed the verses that went with each rule. I'm actually very happy with how it turned out even though it is a very different project than I usually do. 








You can see by this last photo how large it was - 3x4 feet! I sorta want to make one for our family now too! We shall see...

1 comment:

Molly~ Specs & Wings said...

This is AMAZING Britt! Wow! I love the size and all of the hand-painted words!!! Awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails