Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Guest Post: Jessica Mingo

This month, my friend Jessica Mingo is working on her first illustrated children's book! The story circulates around a mouse character that hosts a tea party for the neighborhood animals. Each illustration is hand painted in water color and they are so cute and quirky! Jessica is here to tell you a bit more...

.......

"Hi I'm Jessica Mingo, and I am attempting to write and illustrate my first children's book! I still have to pick a title, finish writing, and finish the pictures, so I have a long way to go, but it's exciting. I've always wanted to do a children's book since I was 6 years old, so in a way, this is long overdue. I feel as though the pictures should do most of the "talking" in a children's book. There needs to be creativity, detail, and the characters need to have expressions and personalities to captivate the attention of a squirmy reader, (hehe). I remember looking at the pictures of my books for hours, wishing I was there with the characters sitting and having tea, or running wild in a field with my animal friends. I want my book to give the same sensation to children, that I had when I was a kid. I will never forget my favorite illustrations from books for as long as I live. I'm not like most people, I don't usually remember what I read, but I remember what I saw." 

Here is a sneak peak of some of the the art in the book:




Adorable, right? Thanks for sharing, Jessica! 

You can pre-order one of her sweet book by emailing Jessica Mingo at jessicamingo@hotmail.com. Be sure to check out her fun blog and etsy shop too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails