Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cut Paper Art

We just received the sweetest, most generous package from a dear northwest friend! She sent a bunch of cute outfits for our little one, a couple mixed CDs with kids tunes on them, a handmade quilt from her grandma (!!) and an amazing book - I can't get over how wonderful the entire gift is!




The book All in a Day by Cynthia Rylant is illustrated by Nikki McClure and everything is cut out from paper... I can't believe how detailed it is. She draws everything on black paper and then cuts out the drawing with an X-Acto knife. All the images stay connected by one path of black paper and become like a big lacy cut-out. There's no erasing, so she just has to figure it out as she goes if she makes a mistake. I love it! Check out some of the details on these pages! 






Thank you Lindsey for such an awesome gift! We love you!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love you guys too! It's the least I can do for how much friendship and love you two have poured into me the past couple years. So glad you love the book and everything! Isn't Nikki McClure awesome? I went to buy a print of hers a while back and ended up buying...6. ha ha ha. Never can have too much art, I guess? ;) I had a tiny little feeling you may enjoy the book. I adore it. So simple and beautiful all in one.

Love to you and many hugs! So happy you got the gift!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails