Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh, boy.

What a weekend we had - my older sister lost her precious baby boy at 33 weeks and we are all really grieving. We knew it was coming but as you can imagine the actual event was (and is) just as difficult as anticipating it. Needless to say, I'm not sure that I have many exciting and happy pieces of art news for you, but I don't want to just drop of the face of blogging world (again... I've done that before and it always takes a while to get back into the groove, doesn't it?).




I'm still working on a couple of commissioned pieces that need to get done before our own baby arrives and there are actually a few special projects in the works (one having to do with wine and labels... anything involving wine is always special, right?). I will keep you in the loop, but please forgive me if posting continues to be sparse for just a bit! 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Brit! I am so sorry to hear this!! My thoughts are with your sister and your family...that is a very huge loss!!

On another note...I really enjoy reading your updates and seeing your artwork. You are truly talented and I love your work! Sad to hear you've moved away from the Emerald City but if not here Ventura is the place to be!

Britt@artbybritt said...

Thanks, Emily! I appreciate your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails