Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chalkboard DIY at Specs and Wings Blog Party

Next up, a fun little DIY! I made this a few months ago when I was feeling super crafty. I know that chalkboards are "in" right now, and I really wanted a cute one of my own. I bought a wooden platter at Good Will for about 2 bucks spray painted it white for a base, and then spray painted it will some old chalkboard paint I had around the house. You could basically do this project for free if you have all the materials laying around! Super simple and super cute.


You will need:
A platter, plate or board of some sort
White or any color spray paint for a base
Chalkboard spray paint

I've already used mine for a menu display at a bridal shower...





a welcome sign in our new home...




and a grocery list reminders for my super forgetful brain (I'm 27 weeks prego with our first baby, and sheesh, is my brain forgetful these day!)...



2 comments:

spindlecottage said...

Very nice. I did a big one and now I am working on a plate one too!

Beth@The Stories of A2Z said...

So many uses and so cute! I love it ;). Thanks for linking up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails