Friday, June 18, 2010

The Red Candle

My sweet friend Lucy got married to Matt in April, and I painted this for them as a late wedding gift. Lucy's mom died of cancer a few years ago, so in order to honor her they had a candle to light during the ceremony. When there were troubles with the candles lighting, as there often are at weddings, a couple of the groomsmen came to the rescue and replaced those candles with candles that would finally light. Lucy's dad wrote this poem the day after the wedding in honor of that moment, and in honor of what Lucy's mom would say to Lucy about her wedding day. I thought it was such a sweet gift from her dad, so I tried to keep the painting simple as to focus on the text. 

  







Things are still a bit crazy around here as we get ready to move, but if you are interested in any of the art that hasn't sold yet, please let me know! Again, thank you for the great response. I really appreciate the support and encouragement. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails