Well, the projects seem to be piling up. Here are a few things I have in the works:
1. 3 or so wedding paintings (song lyrics, vows, verses, the usual mix).
2. Tattoo art! A friend is turning 30 and is kinda freaking out about it, so her plan is to get a tattoo to keep her young. So fun.
3. I guess I forgot to tell you, but I did some cartoons for my church's Easter Sunday services. They kept the services family style so the kids could be a part of everything, but they wanted the kids to have something to do. Apparently, they were such a hit, that they want me to do something similar for next year! It's all in the early stages, but I'm excited to work on that too.
4. A couple of show opportunities seem to be popping up!! Yes. I will keep you posted.
5. Oh, and a couple of birthday/other important event commissions.
See? Piling up. Thanks again for continuing to check back, despite the lack of posts. My energy is returning, little by little, and at very random times. Hopefully I'll have some more exciting things to share soon.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Well, my faithful followers, I thought it was time to give you a little update on life... the biggest reason I have been so MIA is because I've been pretty sick... turns out, we are having a baby! We've kept pretty quiet about it because we wanted to make sure everything was ok before making any huge announcements. While there are still reasons to be cautious and careful, I'm now 15 weeks along (into the second trimester) and we were able to hear the heartbeat today! I was beginning to wonder if there really was a baby in there, so that was awesome to hear and get a little confirmation that I'm not just forever sick.
Thanks for your patience with me as posting has slowed down, painting has come to a halt, and all my creativity has gone towards what kind of food to make and eat. I'm praying that I'll be feeling a bit more normal in the coming weeks so that I can get back to my everyday tasks (and get those paintings done for those of you who are waiting)!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Hi all - Sorry about being MIA! I'm slowing things down a little bit, so I won't be posting every day like I was for a while there... but I'm still here. I don't have much to update you on, but I wanted to plug my husband's photography business, Living Still.
Daniel has been a photographer for about 10 years, and did it "professionally" for about 2 years. He does weddings, engagements, family portraits, action shots, social events, landscapes, and photos just for fun. Basically, he does everything. He has recently been blogging a lot more, so there is now a wide range of his photos to check out.
There are some big changes on the horizon for us, and we've been talking a lot more about him being a photographer "when we grow up." If you have a need for anything at all to be photographed - or even if just a want - get in touch with him! He's amazing (and I'm not just being biased because he's my hubby).
Hope all is going well for each of you.