Friday, January 22, 2010

May Valley Alliance Church

Happy Friday everyone! This morning I drove out to Renton to drop off some art work to May Valley Alliance Church. The pastor contacted me through a friend of a friend, but I'm still a little baffled and confused at how we're connected, and at how excited the church is to have my work up! Most of the work I've been sharing with you lately is the series I am hanging at the church. It was originally the series I did for Mars Hill Church - it's been around 4 different MHC campuses, and now it's time for a change. David, the pastor of May Valley, really wants some colorful, thought provoking art on the walls of the church -- I'm honored that they want to use mine. Here is a look at the prep for hanging the work (I'll take more pics once it's all up).




The 3 pieces in a row (below)...




are going to go on this upper white wall in the center - it's a huge ceiling with a large picture window in front of it, so it should really make a statement.




We had a couple that wouldn't fit in the foyer, so they will be hung in the sanctuary.







We placed it all out and it will be up and ready for their Sunday service. I'm excited to share this series with this congregation, and I'm excited for future collaborations that might take place.


After dropping off that work, I made a very successful trip to Good Will - I'm so excited about the things I found! I'm hoping to do some creative things with a few of the items, so I'll show you once I do. Have a wonderful weekend - I'm planning to rest and get 100% better!

4 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Such mixed emotions with this post. So happy for your art, but that whole "getting better" comment...well, ok then...but disappointment lingers..:)

Sara-Joy said...

Britt this looks awesome! I am so excited for you!

Lindsey said...

So wonderful! I love that you get to share your art with a whole new church now! I am confident that your work does meet the criteria of colorful, and thought provoking.

Hope you are back to your 100% self soon!

Britt@artbybritt said...

Thanks, girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails