Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do not waste any of this.

So sorry I've been MIA since Friday! It's so hard to be present in "blogland" when I have 2 adorable nephews, a niece and the rest of my fabulous family all around! We've been sliding around on Nana and Gramps's wood floors, making ginger bread houses, swimming in the jacuzzi, looking at Christmas lights, singing Christmas carols, eating LOTS of food, and laughing a lot. I love being with my fam.  


In the midst of being with my sweet family, we found out that a long time friend  basically my grandpa's best friend, died early this morning. It was expected, but that doesn't make it any less difficult. Though I spent only a small amount of time with him, I know he was an incredible man. While we're all so sad for his family, my mom said, "Just think though. He breathed his last breath here on earth, and then he woke up in the presence of Jesus!" What a thought. All this  makes me really appreciate the time I have with the people I love... I don't want to waste any of it. 











Merry week of Christmas! Let's remember what's really important, eh?

3 comments:

Ashten said...

Amen, Britt!

shannon dawn said...

i really like this painting!
as well as the new header on the blog!
Hope to see you while you're here in town!

Britt@artbybritt said...

Thanks, girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails