Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Immeasurably More.

While in California, my mom commissioned me to paint something for above the bed in the room that was mine growing up. My parents did a full house re-do a year or so ago, so it looks nothing like the pink flower craziness that it was when I was little! Now the room is a really soft silver sage color, with brown and tan accents. My mom loves basically all the Scripture verses I do, especially in the "scrolly" font, so that was what we tried to go for. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I used the wall paint on a few of the words as well. The text is white, and the silver sage stands out against it in real life and on the wall, but not in these photos! Hmm. I do think it looks pretty great with the bedding and rod-iron headboard though(Haha. I didn't hang it for her, so I just set it on the headboard for a photo!).












6 comments:

spooneymom said...

I love it! It is beautiful. :)

Molly Swanson said...

This is AMAZING! you did such a great job :)

Crystal Z Roznik said...

Love your art and the scriptures that you do, keep up the wonderful work. thanks

jennmann said...

oh my GOODNESS! i love your work... but how the HECK do you do your text? lol. Do you use a paint brush and are just that amazing or do you use a combonation of things?

Britt@artbybritt said...

Thanks, everybody!

Jenn - I do use just a paint brush for my text. Every once in a while I use pen, but that's pretty rare. Glad you like it! Thanks for the compliment!

jennmann said...

Britt, I found your blog through Promise! :) and thanks for letting me know, I went ahead and used a pen for my project, I didn't trust myself with a brush lol. :) I'll have to work on that though. Glad you like the project though! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails