Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! 
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!


Know that the Lord, he is God! 
It is he who make us, and we are his;
we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.


Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!


For the LORD IS GOOD;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.


Psalm 100





I'm still in my pj's and Daniel is still asleep. I'm reading all these blogs and Facebook updates about what people are thankful for, and it reminds me of everything I have to be thankful for. I am blessed beyond belief with an amazing husband, family and friends, a city I love living in, and a church that teaches about Jesus. But most of all, I am thankful for our gracious God who takes me back when I've ignored or avoided him for so long, and who gently reminds me of who I am (and WHOSE)! I'm so thankful for that, and humbled at the thought. 


I hope you all enjoy your days of rest and thankfulness. We are making the full on feast to share with my cousin Katie and our friend Josh. Since there are just 4 of us, we'll be eating turkey and stuffing for days... but Daniel loves that! What are your plans today?


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails