Monday, September 14, 2009

Psalm 34:8

My sweet friend Melissa, her husband Dustin and their sweet boy Joel are expecting their second baby - a girl - in November. We have been friends since we lived on the same floor our sophomore year of college. A few girls and I had a little surprise baby shower for her last month, and my gift to her was a painting for the nursery. Well, a to-be-painted-painting for the nursery. Melissa is a designer, so I wanted to get her ideas and hopes for what she would want. She sent over some pictures of fabric and other items she plans to use in the room a few weeks ago:



The pictures got me so excited to work on this project! Dustin and Melissa chose the name "Gloria" for their baby girl, so they decided a canvas with her name would be great, plus a canvas with a corresponding scripture, Psalm 34:8 (Our church has a song called Gloria that includes the phrase from that verse, so I've been singing or humming it ever since I started working on this!).I worked on it last week and then put some finishing touches on it this morning:



4 comments:

Nicole Wenger said...

Briit this is too cute!

Chloe said...

so adorable!

Molly Kate said...

This is amazing! I love the lettering and the little birds! It's awesome! I love to see what you paint!

Britt@artbybritt said...

Thanks, girls! Glad you like it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails