Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Before and After

I've been following a few very creative bloggers in recent months and have been feeling inspired to spice up old household items, clothing, art, etc. I've especially enjoyed finding the oh, so creative, Sarah at ThriftyDecorChic! She recently had a Before and After Party that was suuuper inspiring to me (check out all the responses to her post! SO many fun things). I've been to GoodWill and Value Village twice this month already and am SO excited about the idea of re-making/re-furbishing/re-creating old items. 


First project: this little gem. I got this in college and it's been basically a set of junk drawers ever since. It's in need of a little pick me up, eh?


Before:


After: 




Oh, so much better! A couple coats of black spray paint, organized stationary and paper products in the drawers... now if I could just get rid of all those ugly chords and yucky remodel dust!


What have YOU changed lately? What creative projects have you been working on?

2 comments:

Just a thought... said...

love it! Love it....
I ordered 7 different fabrics that are starting to come in...so we'll see what's next. For sure painting the walls of the kitchen and then maybe a valence of some kind or 2 or 5. Work keeps getting in the way of the fun.

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Awesome!! It still amazes me what a coat of paint can do. Looks brand new!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails