Thursday, August 20, 2009

Creative Minds! I Need You!

I am stuck. I've literally been working on this painting for my friends, Travis and Tiffany, for months! They wanted a 12x12, red and orange tree painting with Psalm 34:5 woven in. Simple enough, right? Wrong. I've worked and worked, and still feel like it's just not quite popping like it should! I even painted a completely different piece to try and get something, anything cool... Nada. I'm kinda thinking it's because reds and oranges and browns are too similar... but I know that can't be an excuse.





Anyways, you're all creative in one way or another. And you are other eyes - that's what I need! Thoughts? Suggestions? Any new ideas to make this piece really super great? I'm open to anything!


3 comments:

sjc said...

I really like the tones of yellow,maybe just deepen that color out more so it gives it depth, or maybe even use a silver agains the reds and browns.... miss you Britt! I would love to have a phone date soon, there is so much great news to chat about!

Just a thought... said...

ok...you asked...the verse talks about radiant faces, so I would have a child sitting against one of the trees looking up with a radiant face. I know it's not your usual style to have people in amongst your trees, but that is what I see when I read the verse. Or standing from the back with head tilted back, face up...just a thought

Britt said...

Thanks for the ideas, ladies! I might just try them out. I'll have to chat with my friends who are buying it first, but they may be up for something like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails