Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tough times.

Times are tough right now. Seems like I've had more than a few jobs fall through because people just can't afford to pay their bills, let alone buy a piece of art from me. I had a great start to the year with a bunch of jobs - seemed like I was busy painting and working on customer service and improving my little business consistently for a few months there! Then, something changed. Business slowed down and life got busier, so somehow I stopped painting.


Just a couple weeks ago I got into the swing of things again... but now a couple more jobs have fallen through. I totally understand. I get it. Art may not be a priority for some in times like these... but then, for some, it is...right? I've gotten a few e-mails and phone calls of friends asking me to do a piece for them -- I love that! Honestly, it's sometimes painful to let go of pieces I've put my heart and soul into, so when I can send them home with someone I know, it makes it just a little bit easier! It's nice to kind of "keep track" of where all my work goes, and to know they are in a good "home."


With that being said, (Warning: shameless plug about to commence)if you know of anyone who wants a painting, or some sort of encouragement or inspirations on the walls of their home, please send them my way! I would love to have more work and I would love to send some fun art to homes that really want or need it!

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Hey Britt, I was actually going to talk to you tomorrow night, lol, about possibly doing a piece for me if that's cool :)
-Chloe

Britt said...

I'd love to Chloe! We'll chat for sure. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails