Friday, June 5, 2009

Jacob I and II


I mean, it's not like I'm walking
around wounded or anything...

"I'm afraid to show you who I really am because
if I should you who I really am you might not like me
and that's all I've got." -Sabrina Ward Harrison
I want to understand this ache in my heart...
why it hasn't gone away [it has]
and why I want to hold his hand
and why I'm always asking why.

Jacob wrestled. I did too. Pretty sure I always will.

[Someone once told me "Dance when you're broken open." I've been broken before.

I've also danced. I like that...The dancing part.]

*These pieces are from the summer after I graduated college. That was a bit of an emotional time, and these are what came out of it. They both sold really quickly, so I'm pretty sure people connected to them. I love that - when people want pieces like this, I know I've done what I hoped to do -- evoke some sort of emotion and strike some sort of chord. We're all in the same boat, we just forget sometimes.

[Bottom two photos by Luke Rutan www.lukerutan.com]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails