Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Working Away

I've been working on a few things the last week or so... First, a portrait for my aunt. She asked me to do it when I saw her at Christmas! If you've seen my work you know that portraits aren't my "fav," or that I'm all that good at them. I told her that, but she still wanted me to do it. So, I'm trying. It's a challenge for sure, but I will carry on! I'm also starting a couple of paintings for my new friends in Florida. They saw my work last year at MH Ballard, and bought one for their daughter on her birthday(see http://artbybritt.blogspot.com/2008/12/whatever-is-true.html).
Now, they are asking for another for her as well as two more for the entry way in their home. I am very excited! Lastly, I have started on a tree painting for my friends Travis and Tiffany (see http://artbybritt.blogspot.com/2008/12/tiffany-and-travis.html). They received some money for their wedding and were told to use it specifically on art for their home - so they asked me to do a piece. I love working on my tree paintings, so I'm excited to see how this one turns out for them.
And, since none of those paintings are finished (or even close to it), I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of what it looks like when I am in work mode...




1 comment:

joshwall said...

I gotta give you props, Britt. The thought of doing portraiture in color scares the pants off me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails