Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mars Hill Church

In January of 2008, I started volunteering at my church (http://www.marshillchurch.org/) part time. Through meeting people there and conversations that began, I had the opportunity to hang some of my work in the lobby of the largest campus. I was also asked to create some new pieces that went along with the sermon series at that time entitled "Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe(http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/doctrine)." I was able to use some pre-exisiting work, as well as take some passages and themes that the Ballard campus pastor gave me to create new pieces. This was a huge opportunity to "get my name out there," as the church has about 6,000 people each week. This set of work was up at the MH Ballard campus from January to June, then it moved to the MH Lake City campus from June to October, and now it is currently up at the MH West Seattle campus. It might make the rounds to the other campuses - but we'll see!

The 3 pieces directly below are 4x5 feet each. The rest shown are either 2x3 or 3x3.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails